In this post, you can learn how to download, install and update the Xbox 360 controller driver for your Windows 10 PC. Some solutions to fix Xbox 360 controller driver not working are also included. For more useful free computer software like data recovery program, disk partition manager, system backup and restore tool, video editor/converter/downloader/recorder, etc. you can visit MiniTool Software website.
Xbox 360 controller driver for Windows 10 lets you use the Xbox 360 controller on your Windows PC. You can play the PC video games with Xbox 360 controller instead of the keyboard and mouse. It gives you a new gaming experience. It is designed by Microsoft.
You can learn below how to download and install the Xbox 360 controller driver, update the driver, or fix the driver not working issue on Windows 10.
Download Xbox 360 Controller Driver for Windows 10
Generally, you don’t have to manually download Xbox 360 controller driver for Windows 10 PC. When you plug the Xbox 360 controller into the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on your computer, Windows 10 will install the Xbox 360 controller driver automatically. However, if Windows 10 doesn’t automatically install the driver, you can manually download it for your Windows 10 PC.
Play Xbox games on your PC. Xbox Games Pass offers access to an incredible, extensive library of Xbox games for your PC. No matter which generation Xbox game you desire, PC gamers can enjoy playing any of the titles listed in the Xbox Games Pass library. Xbox Console Companion is a neat software app that will bring together your friends, games, and achievements across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. A community dedicated store app. Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, Xbox One. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for SiriusXM.
You can go to Microsoft website and search for the Xbox 360 controller driver to download it for Windows 10 (64-bit or 32-bit).
Wonder where and how to download drivers for Windows 10? This post introduces 5 ways to help you download and install the latest Windows 10 drivers.
How to Update Xbox 360 Controller Driver for Windows 10
You can manually update the driver of Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10 by following the instructions below.
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager to open Windows Device Manager.
- Expand Other Devices. Right-click Unknow device and select Update driver.
- Click Browser my computer for driver software or Search automatically for updated driver software to update Xbox 360 controller driver to a newer version.
This tutorial teaches you how to uninstall Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. You can download Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 again from Microsoft Store if you want.
Fix Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working on Windows 10
If your Xbox 360 controller driver is not working on your Windows 10 computer, you can try the tips below to fix the issue.
Fix 1. Updating the Xbox 360 (wireless/wired) controller driver on Windows 10 may fix various issues. The update guide is included above.
Fix 2. Uninstall and reinstall the driver for Xbox 360 controller. Open Device Manager, find and right-click Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows, and select Uninstall device to uninstall Xbox 360 wireless controller driver on Windows 10. Then restart your computer and Windows 10 should automatically install the missing driver.
Fix 3. Update Windows 10 operating system. You can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for udpates to check and update your OS to the latest version.
Fix 4. If the Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by computer, you can plug it out and plug it into another USB port on your PC.
This post teaches you how to free download Nvidia drivers for Windows 10 in 4 ways. Download, install and update Nvidia GeForce drivers on Windows 10.
How to Set Up a Wired/Wireless Controller on a Windows 10 PC
To set up the wired controller of Xbox 360 on Windows 10, you can plug the device into the USB 2.0/3.0 port on PC. Let Windows 10 automatically install the driver for the Xbox 360 controller. Then you can play a game with your controller to test it.
To set up the Xbox 360 wireless controller, you can connect the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver to your PC, install the Xbox gaming receiver software, and connect your controller to your computer.
For more information about how to connect and set up an Xbox 360 controller for Windows 10, you can check: How to Connect an Xbox 360 Controller to a Windows PC.
If you need free game recording software, you can use MiniTool Video Converter that has a built-in screen recorder function.
Check how to download, update, or reinstall USB drivers for your USB devices on Windows 10 PC. Step-by-step guide is included.
Xbox One Controller Driver For Windows
Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:
Xbox Wireless Controller Driver Windows 10 Download
Dec 17, 2017 - Download Freeware (18.8 MB). Windows XP, English. Xbox 360 Controller Driver for PC is a simple driver that allows you to use the Xbox.
Xbox One Controller Driver 8.1
Download New Xbox App For Windows 10
Xbox 360 Controller Driver For Windows 10 Download
- Make sure your Windows 10 device is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.
- Reboot your device and try again.
- Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in your Device Manager.
- Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
- Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:
- Go to your Device Manager.
- Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
- Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.
- On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
- Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
- If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter needs to be replaced. See How to get service for your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.